The UK's biggest dating site, Match.com, has researched how Brits get ready before that big night. And apparently, your favourite pre-date rituals all depend on what part of the country you're from.
A whopping 95% of ladies from the north-west copy the TOWIE cast and get some colour with a sunbed. Meanwhile, London men have an Alex Reid-style gym sesh to get themselves pumped for love. And singles in Northern Ireland are twice as likely to opt for a quick wax than the national average!
- Londoners are more than twice as likely to hit the gym before a date.
- 85% are also more likely to listen a motivational song while they get ready.
- If you're from the Midlands, you're twice as likely to get your teeth whitened.
- You're also 5% more likely to skip taking a pre-date shower (almost 1 in 5 don’t!). We don't judge.
- These are Britain’s most hygienic daters with 90% taking a shower before they head out.
- This lot are twice as likely to go for a wax in preparation for a date.
- 15% also say that they prepare conversation topics in advance of a date.
- 95% of daters from this region are more likely to go for a sunbed or apply fake tan ahead of a date!
- 8% say that they do no preparation at all (higher than anywhere else in the UK). That's a confident bunch then.
- However, only 72% of these men will shave before a date - the lowest in the UK. Designer stubble or just lazy?
- They're 40% more likely to have a swift drink before a first date.
- Over 90% are also likely to get their hair done. Half of all Geordie girls will get a haircut!
- 38% of girls would go out without shaving their legs, the highest in the UK. Really?!
- More than 20% of Welsh daters opt for a tipple before a date to calm their nerves (second only to Geordies).
- Welsh women are 12% more likely to shave their legs, and Welsh men are most likely to get their hair done. We wouldn't complain.
- Yorkshire daters are 65% more likely to don an item of lucky clothing, such as lucky underwear.
- 10% of women say that it takes them between two and three hours to get ready.
57% in the South East will try to arrange a second date when still on a first date if they like the person. Almost a quarter (23%) of females opt for a drop of Dutch courage.
- Scottish lasses spend an average of 59 minutes each preparing.
- Scots are less likely than any other region to go to the gym before a big date.